Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Developing Clinical Reasoning

After the lecture about clinical reasoning, I was scheduled to observe at the Rachel Kay Stevens Clinic.  I decided to bring a notebook to begin working on my clinical reasoning skills.  My professor described the client as "a mystery".  The client exhibited attention deficits.  I noticed he did not stay focused on one activity for very long.  Once he focused on the OT evaluation he could only concentrate for around 1-2 minutes.  The OT2's explained to me that he seemed to be sensory seeking.  The client seemed impulsive as he was playing.  He listened well and had sufficient hand writing.  I took notes on anything I found note worthy and asked the professor and OT2's about my questions at the end.  I was able to observe and learn from the evaluation and begin my journey of developing clinical reasoning. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good idea to do Annese! I'd like to start doing that to! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete