Saturday, April 8, 2017

Finding an OT Niche

     While learning about the MOT2's experiences at the AOTA Conference, I realized that I have absolutely no clue what area of practice I want to go into. I believe this is perfectly fine due to the fact that I am only 4 months into OT school. I know most of my classmates have an idea of what area they are interested in. I just find so many of the areas I can potentially work in to be so interesting. Before I started OT school, I had a feeling I would be drawn to geriatrics but now I am leaning towards mental health and even community health. One the beauties of our future profession is that I have so many options and am able to reach an vast amount of individuals. I hope that as I continue to gain knowledge of OT, I will be able to make a better decision. Until then I am relishing in the fact that my options are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment