Thursday, February 15, 2018

Leadership Summit

Participating in the Leadership Summit was a very useful tool in preparation for my group facilitation.  My group included Katelyn, Chelsea, and Makayla.  It was helpful to hear from individuals who I'm not typically in groups with to get different perspectives.  Everyone shared their plan for group facilitation, and we provided feedback and suggestions.  I am facilitating my group on child rearing specifically cloth diapers.  The group gave me several new ideas for how to facilitate my small group.  They advised me to add another activity to my warm-up and bring disposable diapers to compare with cloth diapers.  They also added that this group could be geared towards young mothers and/or underserved mothers which is a great idea!  I enjoyed receiving feedback from my classmates before I lead my group session.  


1 comment:

  1. All very good suggestions! This seems like you all made good use of your time together. It is like this in clinical practice too, sometimes it is just so refreshing to get feedback from another OT, or just sit, even around a lunch table, and brainstorm things. It is sometimes just what I need to keep the work from becoming monotonous, and for learning to step outside of the comfort zone of interventions and activities that I know have evidence and have worked. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete